Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mashups



I confess that I was dreading this week's activity- not at all in line with the fourth of the 7 1/2 Effective Habits of Lifelong Learners (identified by Helene Blowers) which is "Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner". I was utterly surprised how simple it can be.

Places I've visited (so far...)
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
So much empty white space- I feel like a holiday.

How to make use of this technology in a library? Well, many of these would make fun activities for children- the badge-makers, jigsaws, make-your-own-movie-posters etc. Library calendars would be great to give out, with different library events publicised (although it would be difficult to know library events a whole year in advance).

No comments: