Tuesday, May 20, 2008

About photosharing

I've been looking at the website www.Flickr.com and learning about photosharing. It seems a great idea, and really is so easy. I had come across photosharing before, but I didn't know that it has a name. I often get e-mails from people inviting me to look at their on-line photo album- particularly relatives who live overseas keep the whole family up-to-date with their lives by photosharing.


I have been trying for the last hour to add a link to a picture on Flickr which I really liked. However I've been profoundly unsuccessful. I therefore added this very dull picture which I took myself, simply to prove to myself that I am capable of adding a picture to a blog.

I probably won't set up a Flickr account, as I don't take many photos and it wouldn't really worry me to lose the photos I have.

Lee LeFever said on his video "Online Photosharing in Plain English" http://www.commoncraft.com/photosharing that an advantage of photosharing was that it is a back up in case your computer dies. I don't know whether using an online photosharing company would really be that secure- what happened if the company closed and the website was taken down? Am I too accustomed to information on the web disappearing?

No comments: